Any doubts? Here you can get some answers by clicking on the questions below:
Youth aged 18 to 35 years old, nationals and residents of all countries of Latin America and the Caribbean.
Registration can be done individually or in groups. In case of groups and/or institutions, at least 80% of its participants must be youth from 18 to 35 years old.
Innovation is a concept that can take on many meanings. We understand that innovation is the change that occurs when introducing or adapting a novelty to different contexts, it is the result of a problem-solving process, which includes technical, conception, development, management activities that can result in the commercialisation of new products or services, or introduce the use of new processes.
Innovation has different dimensions, that can be:
- New products introduction;
- Introduction of new production methods;
- New forms of socio-economic organisation;
- Development of new sources of supply for raw materials and others materials; and
- creation of new market structures.
There are some required documents that must be attached to the application form upon applying.
- Legal representative(s) official identity, in the case of a legally constituted institution, and/or identity card of the applying person;
- Documents that illustrate and prove the initiative (videos, texts, descriptive reports, technical projects, manuals, leaflets, images, presentations, etc.). Additional information may be requested if the Evaluating Committee deems it necessary.
Through documents such as systematization processes, texts, descriptive memorials, technical projects, manuals, leaflets and / or videos and / or images.
No, only technical categories accept direct applications. For the “Promotion and inclusion of vulnerable groups” the Evaluating Committee will choose the finalists among the technical categories participating initiatives.
Yes, applications are open to urban and rural residents as long as their initiatives innovate life in rural areas.
The prizes are being developed and will be launched soon. But remember that they will be offered per category.
With the COVID-19 pandemic, the Award Ceremony will now happen online in early July.
Once awarded, the initiatives will have the opportunity to participate in regional exchange trips with private initiatives and other United Nations agencies to publicize their projects.
The initiatives promotion will be actively carried out in the Award communication channels. In addition, dissemination graphic materials will be made for each initiative, as well as an informative publication gathering all of them.
Generally, the UN considers youth those between 15 – 24 years old (check here). However, to cover the definitions of youth from all LAC countries, we decided to expand the group to 35 years.
If you still have questions, write to us at: email@example.com