Doubts about the main dates and how the Award will happen? Check below our main dates to be better informed.
30 January 2020 – 15 March 2020: Submissions open
In this first stage, the Award will receive preliminar registrations from interested initiatives:
- Applicants must be:
- 18 to 35 years old
- National and residents of one of the countries in Latin America and the Caribbean (IFAD members)
- In case of a group, at least 80% must have between 18 to 35 years old. All of them must be residents and nationals from the LAC region.
- Initiatives that bring innovation such as:
- New products introduction;
- Introduction of new production methods;
- New forms of socio-economic organisation;
- Development of new sources of supply for raw materials and others materials; and
- Creation of new market structures.
15 March 2020 – 27 March 2020: Pre-qualification
The Project team will verify if the applicants meet the eligibility criteria and are qualified for the next phase.
27 March 2020 – 19 April 2020: Submission of full documentation
Upon qualification, initiatives will receive information on until when and how they will have to send detailed documentation about their initiatives – i.e.: detailed data about their product or beneficiaries/clients, business plan, market analysis, financial reports, progress or annual reports, among others.
April – June 2020: Initiatives Evaluation
The initiatives will be evaluated by three experts who will be part of the Evaluation Panel. Specialists will evaluate the initiatives according to the award’s evaluation criteria.
July 2020: Winners disclosure
Winners will be disclosed publicly during an online event. Winners will be personally contact in advance by the Project Team.
July – December 2020: Winning initiatives mentoring and acceleration process
Here comes the learning part! In the following five months, the ten winning initiatives will have the opportunity to join one mentoring programme in-person, receive online training and will attend exchange and scale-up trips to accelerate their initiatives.
Stay tuned to learn more about our activities. Follow our social medias below!